Penny Lane's big & beautiful courtyard space, back dining room and classy front bar make it the perfect venue for any style of function or special event one could imagine.
Whether it be a birthday or a wedding reception, a girls or boys big hens or stag celebration, a christening or a work Christmas party, Penny Lane is the right choice for any special day or night out.
Whilst the team and venue at Penny Lane is flexible and adaptable to the individual requirements of your special day or night, we also have a range of function packages outlined to help you plan an experience suited to your budget and event type.
As a general guideline, our back dining room and courtyard provides a comfortable setting for a sit down dining experience of up to 50 people, with our venue able to cater for up to 60 people for canape/standup functions.
Sit down dining packages are available for:
2 courses @ $55
3 courses @ $65
Get in touch with us to discuss alcohol and beverage packages
Entrees are designed to share, a selection of local seafood, fresh produce and Penny Lane specialties, with a reduced a la carte style main course that offers a selection personalised to your tastes and needs.
For 3 courses, a range of dessert options are available including dessert platters, special occasion cakes as well as fruit or cheese platters.
Most sit down packages include a reduced a la carte menu in place of our regular main course menu. We try to keep the number of dishes offered to three or four. Example dishes that feature on some of our menus that are available for function reduced a la carte main courses are-
- Grilled Beef Eye Fillet, potato puree, greens, red wine jus
- Twice cooked Duck leg, soft polenta, green beans, cherry glaze
- Wild mushroom, truffle and parmesan risotto
- Crispy Pork Belly, mash, broccolini, caramelised pear and eschallot jus
- Fish of the day, saffron mash, crispy pancetta, warm citrus butter sauce
- Roasted Spatchcock, pumpkin, pine nut, fetta and watercress salad
- Slow braised Lamb Shank, grilled polenta, vegies, tomato sugo
Our kitchen is quite flexible and are happy to discuss more personalised menu options whenever required
Our canape packages are all designed as a comprehensive alternative to the classic sit down meal experience, however Penny Lane is happy to cater for all types of events whether they be big or small...
8 canape items per person are provided for all three function packages, roughly equivalent to an evening meal.
Basic package: @ $43pp
Includes 6 simple and 2 premium canapes
Standard package: @ $49pp
Includes 4 simple and 4 premium canapes
Deluxe package: @ 55pp
Includes 2 simple and 6 premium canapes
Simple canapé options
- Mini bruschetta
- Bolognese arancini
- Chicken and lemongrass skewers
- Cheese stuffed zucchini flowers
- Haloumi and vegetable skewers
- Mushroom and ricotta crepe, truffle butter
- Chorizo, pea and saffron risotto
- Whitebait, corn and zucchini fritters
- Seared veal, tuna mayonnaise, crispbread
- Air cured beef bresaola, asparagus, caper aioli
- Prosciutto wrapped figs, gorgonzola dressing
- Beef carpaccio, rocket, parmesan, truffle oil
Premium canapé options
- Tuna tartare, avocado, tomato, herbs, crisp bread
- Seared eye fillet of beef, shaved parmesan, truffle aioli
- Grilled scallop, roast pumpkin puree, burnt sage butter
- Orecchiette pasta, blue swimmer crab meat, tomato, white wine sauce
- Dukkah spiced grilled lamb cutlet
- Beef, chorizo and prawn skewers, salsa verde
- Roast duck san choy bow, witlof, hoi sin
- Deboned fried quail, chinese five spice
- Prawn and scallop stuffed zucchini flowers, pea puree
- Crispy pork belly, caramelised pear, red wine jus
- Massaman osso bucco, crispy wonton
- Slow cooked duck and parmesan slider
- Roasted field mushroom, swiss cheese, macadamia pesto
- Braised rabbit and fontina cheese lasagne, crispy basil, truffle oil